Monday, November 7, 2011

Lampshade

Somehow I seem to have an overstock of lamps. I kept finding really cute lamps that I just had to have but the lamps they were replacing were in perfectly good shape so I just kept putting them in the basement figuring I would do something with them eventually, (yep, I really need to take that word out of my vocabulary).
So the other day I was playing around with French typography. I love it, but am never quite sure what to do with it. Found two I really liked on The Graphics Fairy website.
I thought about printing it out on some cool parchment paper or vellum...then I thought of those lamps! Went down to my basement and went shopping. I picked this one (didn't cost me a cent...he, he):
Cut the typography out in vinyl and pulled the letters out to create a negative image and stuck it to the shade.
Then I painted over the top using Ceramcoat #02436 Charcoal.
I let it dry overnight just to be sure. Then I pulled off the vinyl.
All lit up! (Sneak peek alert! This lamp will be available for purchase at the Amy & Amber Design basement boutique on November 19th. Click here for details..)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelsey said...

Stinkin' cute!

November 7, 2011 at 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home