Wednesday, December 14, 2011

O Christmas Trees

In deciding to have a much more natural and vintage Christmas this year, I ended up not using about 85% of my Christmas decorations (which felt really good in a lot of ways actually). The kids were thrilled when I told them they could use all of the decorations I wasn't using to decorate their bedrooms. It was quickly determined that there were enough 'rustic pine trees' for them to each have one in their rooms and they could decorate them anyway they wanted. I was a little surprised by their excitement really and surprised when even the teenagers got into it. This is what developed:
First Up, the 5 year old's tree:
I love the oversized angel on top and his eclectic choice of ornaments!
Next, the 8 year old:
The stuffed animals around the tree is so sweet! 
He went further than just a tree and decorated his dresser too.
Next up the 14 year old:
 I was very impressed with his coordinating decorations and lights.
And finally, the 16 year old:
Who went for the huge 'Whoville' ornament look.
They all love having their own tree to fall asleep with each night and I am glad they each got a chance to express their individual tastes, which I am going to be honest, I do not let them do in the rest of the house! To see the rest of the house Click Here!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I love the kids trees. How cute! And what a great idea.
Have a Merry Christmas.
Kim

December 15, 2011 at 3:10 AM  
Blogger pineplace said...

Thanks Kim for stopping by! BTW, love the Thomas Jefferson quote at the top of your Homesteader's Heart blog! Amen sister!

December 15, 2011 at 2:27 PM  
Blogger annewalker said...

Both of the trees are so beautiful and festive! They are so abundant and colorful, and the ornaments are sooo stunning.

Visiting from Christmas tree decorating ideas collection.

Happy Holidays!

November 30, 2013 at 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home