Monday, February 13, 2012

Cabin in the Woods

A few weekends ago we were able to take the family to visit my parents who are building a 'cabin' in the woods. It is actually more than a cabin, it will be a beautiful home with huge exposed beams and enough room to fit our ever expanding extended family. We look forward to making many happy memories there. For now though, just my parent's travel trailer that they currently call home, sits on the property...well. and this little old building.
It is an old woodshed built with logs from the property. It was there when my parent's bought it and I often wondered why it was built? My dad added the deck and redid the roof on the right to hold his building materials. Did someone actually live in there? The outhouse in the back makes me think maybe so. Was this humble abode enough for someone to call home? It makes me think about how very little we really need to survive in this world, in this life.
So peaceful and serene in the snow. Snow makes everything so quiet, muffles every sound, even our voices sound quieter, gentler.
At dusk I walked around the property and visited the treehouse we started last summer. Quiet moments and a deep breath...these are the things that center us, refresh our minds, our creativity.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I can guarantee someone lived there. It is Cle Elum after all, I wouldn't be surprised to find people there still living like that:)

February 13, 2012 at 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home