Thursday, March 27, 2014

Labor of Love?

A couple weeks ago when I revealed the boy's new room, I told you I couldn't wait to tell you what was in this cabinet. 
I love this cabinet, we  bought it years ago at a discount store. I didn't think it would last (discount store) but I loved how it looked. 
It has actually held up very well over the years and has been used all over the house. But what we have done with it lately is my favorite!

Over Christmas break, my husband and I endured a true labor of love....
We found all the Lego's in the house, dumped them all in the living room (oh how I wish I had taken a picture of that!!) and spent hours every day putting together hundreds of dollars worth of Lego sets.
It was that or I was going to lose my mind. 
All the Lego mommies out there know what I am talking about.
My boys have received Lego sets for almost every Christmas and birthday for years and the same thing always happens. They are thrilled, they spend several hours putting it together, they play with it for a few days, a week at the most...and then it starts to fall apart as they play with it around the house and they never. play. with. it. again. Once they are all mixed together with other sets, it is too hard for the kids to search for the pieces they need for a particular set.
Now each set has it's own container and its instruction booklet. Now the boys can actually PLAY with their Legos. 
Put them together over and over again.
 We'll see how it goes...see if it was a labor of love or a practice in futility...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home