Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Don't Hate Me...Kitchen Reveal

 Are you ready to hate me?
 I'm totally ready for Christmas.
 Decorating, shopping, wrapping...all of it...have been since November 30th.
It's ok, I'm a little disgusted too.
 But when you go from working full-time,
 a heavy church assignment,
 3 different PTA positions,
middle school library volunteer, art docent volunteer
 and many other responsibilities...
 to a pretty empty plate...
 Well, let's just say, it's a little easier to get things done at home.
I know, I know...I had not revealed the kitchen update yet,
and here you are seeing it all dressed for Christmas for the first time.
So, for the curious, here are the before pictures:
 Updates: the floors of course, which were done throughout the house.
 The wall color: I found a paint color called MT. RAINIER!
For those of you who know me well, you know I had to.
We replaced the microwave to match the fridge we purchased when we moved in.
I did not want a TV in the family eating area and that created an unusable awkward corner built in (it's not a shelf, just a flat place for a wall mount TV). 
I made a simple cover for it out of feedsack fabric.
We replaced the heavy light fixture with a simple (and inexpensive: $20 IKEA) light fixture.
The rug is also from IKEA and I LOVE IT.
Perfect texture and color for under a table. Vacuums easily and doesn't show spills.
We found the blueprints for the house in a cupboard and I framed them in simple white IKEA frames on the opposite wall.
Love how they turned out!

How are your Christmas preps coming?
Do you have a little extra time?
Check out my newly designed website:
www.pineplace.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home